Tuesday 19 February 2013

Bruising

 
 
Here during my practical lesson in the salon I have practised using the bruising wheel.
The bruising wheel is made up for four colours, a deep red, green, blue/purple and yellow. These four colours when working together make the most realistic bruise for on camera.
 
 
 
I am going to use a bruise on one of my final shoots as I like the effect it has on the person modelling in the image.
 
This same bruising wheel can also be used for creating grazes and cuts on the skin. The bottom right photo shows this.
When creating a bruise, I got the best affect when I used my fingers to apply the make-up to the face. This is because it allowed me to smudge it in a lot easier and more realisticly.
When creating the cuts and grazes I found this easier to use a bristle sponge to apply it onto the skin as it gives it much more of a scrapped look.  

No comments:

Post a Comment