Saturday 2 March 2013

Test Shoots

 
Miss Havisham

I originally chose Hannah to model for my Miss Havisham as I wanted the dull blonde hair look like she had in the BBC version of Great Expectations. During my test shoot, I used the ageing stipple for the first time. At first I thought it would create an old effective image for my final look as I wanted to make her look as old as possible. Because I hadn't had any practise using it before it didn't work the way that I had planned on my face chart for this look. I think this is due to putting it on too thick in obvious open spaces of the face like the forehead and the cheeks.
Because this shoot didn't go to plan I decided to change my model choice to someone with dark hair so that i could turn the hair grey with dry shampoo making a much more effective 'old' look. I also decided to change my face chart for my final image to one with less ageing stipple on so that it wouldn't look so messy on camera.


                           Estella
 
For my practise shoot for Estella I hadn't yet found a perfect model for the final shoot and so I practised the make-up look on Meg. I based this look on a natural, young and fresh look as I Estella's age in my final look is going to be 16/17 years old.
 
I didn't get to practise the hair during this practise shoot as there was little time to fit it all in. I later practised this on my doll head.
 
I am please with the make-up for this character and am going to keep this the same in my final shoot. The ideal model that I want to use for Estella would be a small petite girl with long dark hair. I need to find someone that is quite small so that they will fit in the chosen outfit that they will be styled into. If I cannot find a model of this description I may be forced to re-think my outfit choice in my final shoot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment